Online Courses with Onsite Teacher Support
Online Resources with Onsite Teacher Support
Due to Growth in the program, we have decided to move the Summer School program to École Secondaire Sainte Marguerite d'Youville (ESSMY) this year. All classroom and online courses will be located at ESSMY.
ESSMY will be open from 8-1:30 p.m. for students to get face-to-face support from their teachers.
- Students taking Math or Science courses are required to attend daily.
- Students taking English and Social are asked to connect with teacher daily, and regular/daily attendance for at least 1 hour a day is recommended for 30-level English and Social courses.
- Students taking CALM. Phys Ed, and Religious Studies can work online from home or wherever their laptop takes them!
- Exams must be written onsite at ESSMY.
June 30 – Mandatory Orientation for all students New to Online Courses. The orientation should be about 1.5 hours, and you will receive information regarding your Orientation time in your registration package, which you will receive after online registratioin.
June 30 - Access to online courses is available, but no teacher support until July 4.
July 4-20 - Complimentary courses to be completed by July 20
July 4-24 - The course work for core courses must be completed by July 21. Final exam must be completed no later than July 24 AM.
ORIENTATION COURSE (June 30, 2017):
All new students are required to complete the Online Orientation course for one credit prior to beginning their regular course(s).
CORE AND COMPLIMENTARY COURSES:
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2 (5 credits)
- Math 20-1, 20-2,30-1, 30-2, Math 31 (5 credits)
- Social 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2 (5 credits)
- Biology 20 or 30 (5 credits)
- Chemistry 20 or 30 (5 credits)
- Physics 20 or 30 (5 credits)
- Science 10, 20 or 30 (5 credits)
- Science 14, 24 (5 credits)
- CALM 20 (3 credits)
- Phys Ed 10, 20, 30 (3 or 5 credits)
- Religious Studies 15 (3 or 5 credits)***
- Religious Studies 25 (3 credits)***
- Religious Studies 35 (3 or 5 credits)***
***Online religion studies students must complete 7.5 hrs of volunteer work between June 30th and July 20st