Online Courses with Onsite Teacher Support
Online Resources with Onsite Teacher Support
LOCATION: St. Albert Catholic High School
Only 1 Core Course can be taken during Summer School. If registered for a Core Course, no additional courses can be taken.
* Mandatory Core course Starter Session for ALL Blended Learning core course students at SACHS Tues, July 3rd, 8:00 am - 9:30 am
- Students must attend daily. Attendance will be taken and phone calls made.
- Teachers are onsite daily to give one-on-one support for students who are struggling.
- Students receive their instruction with online lessons and videos.
- All exams (Diploma and Non-Diploma) will be written at SACHS. See Diploma Exam Schedule below.
- Final exam for Non-Diploma courses written at 8:00 am on July 25th (or earlier if finished prior to the 25th).
* Textbook deposit - $150 (refundable upon return of textbook prior to July 25 or day of diploma exam)
July 3, 2018 – Mandatory Orientation for all students New to Online Courses. The orientation should be about 1.5 hours, and you will receive information regarding your Orientation time in your registration package, which you will receive after online registration.
- June 30 - Access to online courses is available, but no teacher support until July 4.
- July 4-25 - Complimentary courses to be completed by July 20
- July 4-25 - The course work for core courses must be completed by July 21. Final exam must be completed no later than July 25 AM.
ORIENTATION COURSE (July 3, 2018 - 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.):
All new students are required to complete the Online Orientation course for one credit prior to beginning their regular course(s).
CORE AND COMPLIMENTARY COURSES:
- Biology 20, 30 (5 credit)
- Chemistry 20, 30 (5 credit)
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2 (5 credit)
- Math 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2, 31 (5 credit)
- Social 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2 (5 credit)
- Physics 20, 30 (5 credit)
- Science 10, 14, 20, 24, 30 (5 credit)
- CALM 20 (3 credits)
- Physical Education 10, 20, 30 (3 or 5 credits)
- Religious Studies 15 (3 or 5 credits)
- Religious Studies 25 (3 credits)
- Religious Studies 35 (3 or 5 credits)
**Online Phys. Ed. means that students log their hours of activity and parents approve (in their online logbook) over a three week period. There are also online assignments and leadership activity to be completed. Activity hours: 32 h for 3 cr, 64 h for 5 cr.
**Religious studies students are required to compelte 7.5 hours of service during course dates.